Friday, October 5, 2012

Octoberfest: Day 5 "Real Raw"

Caterpillar (not live)
Today's activity required me to be flexible. No, not that kind of flexible. I didn't attend a stripper pole fitness class or anything like that. That's later in the month. I had planned on having a movie night with friends but it turns out Family Video stores do not carry Helter Skelter, the movie based on the Charles Manson murders. I mean I don't see why not, that's totally family friendly. More importantly I'm sure you're wondering why I would be watching that film. Wasn't my idea but in the spirit of my month-long qwest, I agreed to watch it even though I don't really love scary movies. When I live by myself. And I imagine I'm hearing strange noises at night. Or think someone's breaking in. Ok, I gotta stop, I'm starting to scare myself. So the movie idea didn't pan out. Once again, I had to quickly work on a Plan B which ended up being quite delicious yet again. I love to eat sushi but as I've mentioned in previous blogs, I tend to eat the same things when I go out to eat. So tonight, I swore I would try something new and different. Normally I would NEVER agree to eat raw fish but I couldn't say no. Not this month. Not when Octoberfest and my loyal followers are counting on me. So there I was eating raw salmon atop a bed of rice.....AH-mazing. You guys listen to me, my fear with eating seafood is that it's going to taste fishy. This salmon was so fresh that it almost didn't have a taste. If that makes any sense. It was creamy and smooth and absolutely melt in my mouth good. It was so good that I temporarily forgot about the other sushi rolls we had ordered. If you're looking for a great place to have sushi in the Des Moines area, I HIGHLY recommend Sushi Hoshi Lounge on University Avenue near the Drake campus. It is hands down my favorite sushi spot in Des Moines. The food is ALWAYS spectacularly fresh and they put a lot of effort into quality and presentation. If you're looking for something fun to do for a month, I would recommend Octoberfest, because trying something new each day is a blasty blast! Until tomorrow kids! We're back to doing something fun and exciting that may involve hitting around a tiny white ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment