Friday, October 12, 2012

Octoberfest: Day 11 "Body Thump"

Body Pump (not my class)
Must. Write. Blog. Before I lose the ability to move any limb (heavy sigh). Well my activity tonight was very exhausting. I tried a new workout class or as its more commonly called "had my butt handed to me." You would think that after working with a personal trainer the last 10 months I would be used to this type of abuse. I'm used to Abe's verbal and emotional abuse but physical not so much. I'm kidding...on all accounts :) A new friend asked me if I had ever tried the Body Pump class at Aspen. I hadn't yet which meant it would be perfect for Octoberfest. Holy shizballs. This class was hard and awesome at the same time. You work one muscle group for the duration of an entire song and then you move to the next major muscle group. The reps are a combination of slow, fast, medium, etc. We worked quads, hamstrings, calves, back, abs, biceps, triceps, shoulders, etc. All in all, the instructor said you do 800 reps total for the entire hour. EIGHT HUNDRED REPS??!! Yes, 800. Wow. I don't think we even get close to 100 reps during my training session. But that's my fault because I'm usually talking (sharp intake of breath) or laughing. One of the two. I think the true test of a good workout is when you're done and your arms are still somewhat shaking and/or wobbly. LOL. The kind of torment we put our bodies through, I swear. Body Pump? Body Thump is more like it. I will definitely have to take this class again. If I can get out of bed tomorrow, that is. 

Even our bodies can get into ruts if we do the same repetitive things over and over. What I really liked hearing about this class was that each instructor does a different workout compared to another. And if I kept going to the same instructor, they change their workouts every few weeks. This is exciting to me because on the days I'm not meeting with Abe, my workouts can get a little stale. And aren't nearly as funny. But that's what happens when I'm not working out with a comedian. J'esljt slkjeious quieotpp ;leeeooa. Sorry, post-workout rigamortis is setting in and my fingers are not cooperating with the keys. I'm going to wrap this up before my grammar gets anymore embarassing. Tomorrow I'm attempting to conquer the world of aprons and mixing bowls again...until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment