Thursday, October 18, 2012

Octoberfest: Day 16 "Beer Me"

Picture courtesy of www.beerliving.com
I know you guys are upset with me and I don't blame you. If I started a new relationship with someone and then left them hanging for a couple days, I'd be upset too. Just give me a chance to explain. It's not you, it's me. Life just got in the way and I went MIA for a few days, that's all. That doesn't help does it? Makes things worse? Ok, well umm that's the best that I can do. Nobody's perfect. But you want to know what IS perfect? My activity for Day 16. As imaginative as my brain is, I'm marveling I didn't think of this one sooner. What do you get when you cross Octoberfest and beer? Octoberfest beer! Goes along perfectly with doing homework. I stopped by my local Hy-Vee and picked up just one bottle of Octoberfest beer. It was over my lunch hour and I'm sure the lady who rang up my purchases looked at a lean cuisine and a bottle of beer and thought I was having a stressful day. I insisted that she put my beer in a brown paper bag, I mean I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. After work I returned to my brown paper bag and readied myself for the taste of Octoberfest. Those Lienenkugel guys sure do know their beer. The barley malts in the Octoberfest beer made for a rich, hearty character while the aromatic hops provided a smooth, well-balanced and drinkable finish. That means nothing really. Alright yes, I took that language from the website. No, I didn't love the Octoberfest beer. But, again as we've discussed throughout the Octoberfest journey, it's not about winning or losing but about playing the game. And at least we are on good terms again. I'm really glad we had this talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment