Monday, October 15, 2012

Octoberfest: Day 13 "Diabetic Socks"

The idea of getting up to work out with Abe Saturday morning at 6 AM was not met with much enthusiasm. Given my hectic schedule and class times, I had no choice. It's a good thing I did however because my two best friends from the gym, Abe and Andrea, surprised me with probably the best birthday present from my entire adult life (the Strawberry Shortcake cake as a kid still wins, nothing can top that). 6 am workout? Best decision ever! As I'm looking through the items in the bag (which I'm going to highlight below, don't you worry), Abe said to me "where do you think we got all this stuff?" And I said, "Walgreens?" He replied, "no of course not, we wouldn't spend that much money on you, the Dollar Store!" Even more perfect. LOL. Without further adieu, I bring to you, the best birthday present EVER:

Princess Crown and Glowing Wand
Heiress (not kidding)
As the Heiress to the Stiver family fortune (as I'm sometimes referred to as), it's only natural that I would need a princess crown, complete with fuzz and plastic jewels. And when I'm giving orders to the lower class members of my household (i.e. my dog Riley), I will do so with the glowing wand. Nevermind that it is no longer glowing. When I tried this out on my dog I said "Riley go get my shoes," she looked at me and then dropped her head back between her paws to continue snoozing. That's something to work on. The wand will help, I'm sure.


Writing letters (not sure)
Manuscript Tablet and Fashion Pen
As a writer, it's important for me to know words. Knowing how to write letters is really secondary. Not anymore. Now I have my own manuscript tablet to practice writing letters again. The tablet is recommended for preschool through 2nd grade so it's perfect. Maybe I'll finally know the proper direction of an N since I have to write so many in my own name. As for the fashion pen? Duh, of course I would have a fashion pen as opposed to a regular pen. The pen is connected to a bracelet of jewels (not real ones) so it doubles as an accessory. I mean can you say Genius?!


Precautions (not pregnant)
Pregnancy Test, Warming Touch Jelly and Feminine Wipes
I really appreciate how optimistic Abe and Andrea are when it comes to my dating life. They decided to look out for me by supplying me with an uber effective pregnancy test. As a matter of fact, this Dollar Store favorite claims to be over 99% accurate and you can compare it to e.p.t. (although that has not been approved by the FDA) At just a dollar a piece, I'm thinking people could really stock up on these - why buy them elsewhere when you can buy them at the Dollar Store? Again, it's a no brainer. As for the warming touch jelly - it's tagline is "intimacy is in the touch" - well of course it is. I can always appreciate a creative tagline when I see one. The feminine wipes will be perfect for those times when I don't have access to a shower and can just use those as ....I'M KIDDING! They're not big enough.

Diabetic socks (not regular socks)
Diabetic Socks and Autumn Mix Candy
Now we have my personal favorite out of the entire bag. When you think of things that go together perfectly you think of peanut butter and jelly, wine and cheese, Sonny and Cher...I've got one to add and it's brilliant: diabetic socks and autumn mix candy. Makes sense right? I know you may be wondering what makes a pair of socks diabetic socks and I'm glad you asked that because I have no idea. I was also wondering that myself. Who knew they made such a thing? And they are a size 9-11 which will be nice and roomy for my size 7 feet. As for the candy, I absolutely love candy corn and this bag is full of it. Do my friends know me or what? I cannot wait to wear these socks. I plan on wearing them and eating the candy at the same time - but I'm saving it for a special occasion.
Me (blowing out candle, not working)

Birthday Wishes Book
Last but not least, we have a birthday wishes book. I've always wanted a birthday wishes book. It's like all my dreams coming true with one gift - totally amazeballs. Let me just read you a passage from the book, really gets to the heart of the message:
"I wish you frosting-filled days, cookies with glaze, marshmallow moments, and dreams that come true. I wish you cotton candy fun and a jelly bean sun under a rainbow that celebrates you!"
No words.


A VERY special thanks to Abe and Andrea for the hilariously thoughtful birthday present which gave me more than enough great material for this blog post! Because I had such a great way to start my day, I decided to pay it forward for my Octoberfest activity on Saturday by paying for the person's coffee behind me at Starbucks. I'm sure that it made that person's day to find out their coffee had been paid for. But I guarantee they didn't feel nearly as special as I did upon getting an entire bag of goodies from the dollar store. Diabetic socks? You betcha!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing good information about diabetic socks. your blog is quite appreciable and elecwire.com is an online diabetes and Diabetes Socks
    , Blood Glucose Socks shopping store which provides health products online in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really a very informative blog regarding diabetic socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your information which you put in this blog. Diabetic socks are really very important thing to keep always at home, in the beg or travel. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.

    Diabetic Socks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elecwire offers unique and best offers Diabetic Socks on Diabetic Socks online. Shop with best quality products with highest results in Diabtes Foot Care with Diabetic Socks with COD and free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's more, to be equipped for getting to the most recent data on diabetes. There are various sites that keep awake to date pretty much all the new clinical discoveries and have an abundance of articles and connections to more data.diabetes hospital

    ReplyDelete