Sunday, November 4, 2012

Octoberfest Day 26: "DIY Decoupage Phase 2"

I was so excited to bring you guys the activity for Day 26. I mean it was so good that you would have all gasped in delight and speed-read the post until you got to the really good parts. Want to know what my planned activity for today was going to be? Are you sure you're ready? Wait for it....A BLIND DATE! And when I say a blind date, I mean truly blind (I mean he wasn't blind and I'm not blind) - I had never met the guy, didn't know what his name was, didn't know a single thing about this person and yet I committed myself to spending the entire evening conversing with this person without any expectation of hitting it off. Wowza. Sounds nervewracking right? I mean talk about an adventure AND leaving my comfort zone! Well you can all hold your horses because Mr. Blind Date (that's what we're calling him) stood me up. Without even trying. Talk about a spoil sport. Someday, when he grows up, he'll realize what a fool he was to NOT take me up on such an incredible offer. But his loss is my gain because instead of spending my Friday evening eating a delicious steak and playing games like I'm a kid again, I'm spending my evening working on Phase 2 of my DIY Decoupage project. I know. It's not nearly exciting. I get it. But unfortunately the yahoo who stood me up left me not much of a choice on what to do with my evening given the last minute nature of his cancellation. The jerk. Doesn't he know that Octoberfest is happening and you guys are counting on living vicariously through my posts? Of course he doesn't. See the beforementioned sentence on "when he grows up." So despite my adventurous nature, I had to settle on getting back to my DIY project. Which is fine because this project is getting good. So you may recall that the first phase included choosing my tables and selecting the magazines that I was going to grab articles, pictures and headlines from. Tonight's phase involved going through all of the magazines (and there are a lot of them) to see what I want to use on the tables. Remember that time that I told you all that I'm a magazine hoarder? Yeah, turns out even choosing what pictures to use on my tables is nearly impossible. Yes I still have a bazillion pictures of Nick and Sharon from Y&R. Is it appropriate to include pictures of half naked David and Victoria Beckham? I think so, this is art people, these two should be sculpted from marble they're so good looking. I'm putting them in the YES pile. What about Carrie Underwood? These dresses are gorgeous and don't even get me started on her legs. Those gams are the envy of women everywhere, especially me. OMG. Look at these shoes. They are must haves....not just on my table but actually in my closet. The ohhhh so sexy Keith Urban? Duh. Is it even a question? The guy once adorned an entire birthday cake for me, rest assured he's going on the table. So now that I have my pages selected, I begin the daunting process of cutting out scraps of paper to make the "collage" look. This is going to take me awhile. Check back with me in another day to see if I'm still cutting. Good thing I have you guys and beer to keep me company. As I cut through each magazine, my hand cramping after every other one, I can't help but wonder what Mr. Blind Date decided to do instead. As quickly as the thought entered my mind, it exited just as quickly. He isn't worth my thoughts. Eat your heart out Mr. Blind Date, you might be doing something yourself but I guarantee it isn't as cool as going out with me would have been. Check. Mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment